The Diocese of Rockville Centre is...
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre was formed in 1957 and covers 1,198 square miles in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.
- The diocese serves approximately 1,500,000 baptized Catholics (total Long Island population is 3.4 million)
- There are 134 parishes in 115 towns
- In 2012 15,606 confirmations, 16,374 First Holy Communions and 3,193 marriages took place in the diocese
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre is the 16th largest system of Catholic schools in the nation (ranked by number of students enrolled) and unique among the top 20 because it in the only one of the top 20 that does not serve a major city/metropolitan area
- The Diocese of Rockville Centre is among the most cost efficient in the country with the highest average enrollment per school of the top 20 Dioceses. (512) This helps control tuition costs, allows schools to offer a greater number of services, and helps the Diocese maintain the sustainability of the schools.
The Catholic Elementary Schools of Long Island...
- Feature 41 Diocesan elementary schools and four private Catholic elementary schools. (there are 9 Catholic high schools)
- Have over 13,000 students enrolled in elementary school. (Another 10,000 are enrolled in the 9 high schools)
* tuition rates are set by the individual school. Many students qualify for scholarships and grants offsetting the cost of high school, and there are merit and non-merit based scholarships offered to Catholic high school graduates.